It's officially grilling season and we've got you covered! Whether you're in the mood for burgers, chops, loins, or an amazing grilled sausage, you can find a plethora of custom Hatfield Meats recipes perfect for any slow, summer evening.
• Invest in a meat thermometer.
• Invest in a good set of grilling tools with long handles.
• Always start with a clean grill.
• Prep food before guests arrive, think a day ahead.
• Make sure to have propane or charcoal.
• Use separate utensils for meat, vegetable and fish. This will avoid cross contamination.
• Select serving dishes and utensils in advance.
• Avoid putting cold pork straight on the grill. Let the meat come to room temperature before grilling (approximately 30 minutes). This will help the meat cook more evenly.
• Have different grilling zones.
• If meat isn’t marinated, start with a dry rub seasoning.
• Add sauces at the end (BBQ sauces and glazes).
• When making your pork burgers, use a thumb print in the center of the burger for even cooking.
• Check temperature of meat at the thickest part before remove from grill.
• Remove meat from grill once temperatures reaches 145°F.Let meat rest before slicing.
• Safety first when grilling!
• Keep it simple!
Find recipe inspiration for grilling and every day simple meals on our Recipes page.